miércoles, 1 de abril de 2020

6th Grade             April 1, 2020              English class         Mr. Meléndez

Hello students and parents, I hope that everybody may be fine and healthy. I am praying for you guys. I do believe that this situation will be over soon. Now, I am going to discuss the last class which is related to the new material. I want you to understand the concept by practicing it. Today I am going to discuss the asnwers you were supposed to have in order to clarify doubts.

Concept: Subject and Object Pronouns

Let's see!


1) Johnny turned off the light before he left the room.  _HE is the correct asnwer because Johnny is a BOY and it is in the subject position.

2) Give the notebook to Patricia.      HER is the correct answer because Patricia is a female and it is in Predicate position.

3) Melinda and Christina enjoy playing soccer.    THEY is the correct answer beacuse there are two individuals  in the subject position.

4) Stephen and I are going to have a play date tomorrow.       WE is the correct answer because I is included in subject with another person.

5) My dad is taking Michael and me to Disneyland!   US is the correct answer because me and another person are included in the predicate position.

6) Karen will have piano lessons this afternoon.        SHE is the correct answer because a female is mentioned in the subject position.

7) Hector likes to play chess with Ben.       HIM is the correct answer because Ben is a boy and he is in the predicate position.

8) Please tell Miguel and Andrew to turn in their homework. _______THEM is the correct answer because you have two individuals in the predicate position and I is not included.


***What really matters guys, is that you may be able to distinguish what the subject or predicate is and where to locate it.

TODAY YOU WILL HAVE MORE PRACTICE IN ORDER TO GET BETTER. 

Read each sentence below. Identify the complete subject and the complete predicate. Split the sentence up into its subject and predicate and write them in the LINES. 

1. Janice is uncomfortable on skates. 
2. Mary’s party will take place at the skating rink. 
3. The girls next door are very athletic.  
4. Karen offered to teach Janice how to skate. 
5. My mom and dad met at a skating rink. 
6. Those boys cause a lot of trouble. 
7. All the girls in Mary’s class are invited. 

EX: 1.______________________   ______________________
           SUBJECT                                        PREDICATE 


(subject and object pronoun 10)

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario